Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Riviera Maya

Where to begin...Our trip was fabulous! Wayne can surprise me like that anytime he wants!! We stayed at Secrets Silversands Resort. It was adults only and was beautiful!!! Our suite was huge and so nice. We had a king size bed, a jacuzzi tub for 2, a shower that could have probably fit 8 people in it...no we did not have 8 people in it...LOL...and our own private patio that walked right out to one of the pools. It was the first resort I've stayed at that had bathrobes and slippers there for our use. Very nice! I think the resort had 8 pools, but we only got in 2 of them while we were there. There just wasn't enough time.

We made an agreement to do as little as possible while we were there. We really just wanted to lounge by the pool, walk along the beach and enjoy some time together. That is exactly what we did. We never left the resort except to walk along the beach. It was heavenly! We had such a good time. I spent a lot of time in hammocks. I love hammocks!!! Wayne has promised to buy me one soon. I have so many pictures, so it was hard to narrow them down, but here is a sampling.


The resort Lobby


Our Suite





Our private patio


Before dinner on the first night.


At dinner


One of the 8 pools at the resort.


Infinity Pool


An outdoor seating area by one of the bars.


One of the many outdoor bars at the resort.


Notice the hammocks...my in my favorite spot!!


Our resort at night - there was a wedding reception where that bright spot is in the middle


Wayne enjoying one of the many glasses of Merlot he enjoyed while we were there.


You guessed it...yet another pool!


Yoga area at resort - notice the giant chess board.


The beach....AHHHHH!!

1 comments:

Tiffany said...

beautiful! looks like a great time :)