Monday, November 16, 2009

Update

So, since my last blog I've managed to injure myself and loose just about every picture I've taken since 2004. It's been a rough few days.

I threw my back out late last week. It got worse, so I called the doctor on Friday and got some prescription meds. Today it is finally starting to feel better, but I'm trying to take it easy still and not life Isaac or anything else heavy. I have no time for this...so I'm hoping if I continue to take it easy it will be better by this weekend. I have some serious cleaning to do before all our Thanksgiving company comes!!

Now, to the more devastating news...Apparently our main desk top computer got a virus that attacked the boot sector and we cannot boot up the computer. This is the main computer we keep EVERYTHING on...including all our family pictures. I know it was stupid of us not to have done a back up in a long time. The last one I found was from January 2004. Today, I took the hard drive to a data recovery place and I'm so hopeful that they can help us. They guy said that he's seen it before and has been able to recover files some of the time and not been able to other times. It will be a few days before I hear anything, but I'm so hopeful! This makes me sick to my stomach every time I think about it. Thank goodness for my blog. I started it in Oct. 2005 and have put some pictures on it...so at least I'll have those if they are unable to read anything off the hard drive. But, I'm totally out of luck for anything from Jan 2004 - Oct 2005. SO MY FRIENDS....STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING NOW AND BACK UP YOUR HARD DRIVE!!! I have learned my lesson!

Other than these two events, we had a nice weekend. We watched a lot of football and had some happy outcomes. The Bearcats remain undefeated...the Buckeyes won, so they should be headed to the Rose Bowl, the Bengals won and continue to have their first great season in a while and then I cannot say enough about the Colts vs. Patriots game. Man...what a game...what an ending!!!

2 comments:

missy said...

Michelle, we have an external hard drive that backs itself up on a regular basis. You should definately look into that. We don't have to do anything and you don't even notice it's there. Good Luck!!

Michelle said...

We will be looking into something like that very soon! With 3 computers in this house, we have no excuse as to why we didn't back this up. Lesson learned!