Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Busy Holiday

This time of the year is so crazy busy!!!

Yesterday, Isaac and I went to the neighborhood Christmas party. He got to see Santa and wasn't a bit afraid. He was the first kid to run up to him and sit on his lap. He told him the name of the new Thomas Train he wanted and asked him where he parked his sleigh. After he got off his lap, he ran up to me and said "Where's my new train? I told Santa I wanted it." It was funny!!

Just as I got him buckled into the car after the party, my cell rang and it was the school telling me that Connor had left his lunch box in my van when I dropped him off at school in the morning. Luckily, I was just minutes from the school so I ran it there right away. I knew Connor would be really upset about it... just because he is like that. I was right...he burst into tears as soon as he saw me. I got him calmed down quickly reassuring him that I wasn't angry and it wasn't a big deal. He was nervous he wouldn't get a lunch because he didn't like the hot lunch choices. Poor kid! So, Isaac and I stayed and had lunch with him. Lindsey got up from her table and joined us as soon as she saw us there. It turned out to be a nice lunch with the kids!

Today was Isaac's last full day of Preschool until the new year. I took advantage of my time and got my last gifts purchased. I'm done with everything but stocking stuffers. I'll have to just wander around Wally World and see what little trinkets I can find for stockings. I usually seem to forget about those until the very end. I also need to get our traditional family ornament of the year. I just need to figure out which one to get. We try to buy one to symbolize something special that has happened in that year and this year just hasn't had any significant moment that comes to mind. I am leaning towards finding a Colts ornament to remember their undefeated year, but I'm sure as soon as I buy it they will loose!!! I don't want to jinx them.

0 comments: