Saturday, March 06, 2010

Weekend Project

Sorry for my lack of updates lately. There just hasn't been a lot going on around here. I think I have the winter blues!! I'm SO, SO ready for spring. It was pretty nice on Thursday and I think I spent 2-3 hours outside. It was awesome! I'm really looking forward to warmer weather ahead so I can get outside with the kids and play more.

The boys room sharing is going better than expected. They both love sharing a room, so it looks like this will last for a while. With Connor's room being empty, with decided to turn it into a game room. We put the air hockey table up there, threw a flat screen on the wall and hooked up the Wii and PS2. The kids LOVE it. We put a sofa bed in there from our front room. They love to pull out the sofa bed and watch a movie on their TV. It's been fun.

I recently ran across a very cool blog: http://knockoffwood.blogspot.com/ The lady, Anna, who writes the blog is a carpenter and she puts up plans for tons of wood furniture by Pottery Barn and other popular brands. Wayne and I decided to make this entertainment stand this weekend for the kids game room. We need something to hold the Wii, PS2 and all the games/remotes. Pottery Barn charges $799 + shipping on this. The way it looks right now, it will cost under $100 for us to build it ourselves. We plan to paint ours white, though, instead of black.

If this goes well, I want Wayne to try and make me a hutch for the dining room!!

0 comments: