Sunday, August 08, 2010

Day of Rest

Lindsey and I at home resting while the boys went to church with Wayne this morning. Last night her throat and head were really bothering her, so I decided that today would be a day of rest for her so she could get back to 100%. She had strep throat again this week and it seems to be taking her longer to recover this time around. She hasn't had a fever in days, but her other symptoms have been lingering it seems. So, hopefully she'll be feeling better after resting today.

Our neighborhood has been super busy this week! We had two new sets of neighbors move in within a few days of one another. We've met them both and everyone seems so friendly. The one family has a son a little older than Connor, so he came down to play for a bit. I hope he had a nice time and felt welcome here because my kids definitely know what it's like to be the "new" kid.

Connor starts football tomorrow. He has two weeks of conditioning practice and then starts full contact with pads. I thought I was ready for him to start tackle football until yesterday when I had him try on his shoulder pads to see if the practice jersey I bought him fit okay. Then it seemed so real and a tad frightening. I grew up in a HUGE football town, so I think I'm probably more prepared than most, but I honestly don't know how I'll react the first time someone just totally lays him out!!! He is under 75 pounds, so that means he can carry the ball or defend a ball carrier. If you are over 75 pounds, you are only allowed to be a lineman. He really wants to do something other than the line, so I'm happy for that. I guess we'll just see how it goes.

Hopefully the kids will find out soon who their teachers are for the upcoming school year. Lists should go up sometime this week and they are really anxious to see who will be in their class this year.

0 comments: