Wednesday, October 27, 2010

WIND

We had a great weekend. It was much more relaxed then the past few months and we were grateful for the slower pace! Connor's football team had a game Saturday afternoon and with all the rain on Friday and Saturday, the field was a mud pit. The boys enjoyed it, but they were a mess at the end of the game. YUCK! They lost their game and they were so bummed. This was the first loss they had since the very first game of the season and they are such a better team now. But, the team they played was undefeated and very fast and very big! They played their best.

We had the most massive winds around here the past few days. So many of our neighbors lost things or had damage from the wind. We do too! We have two sections of soffit that are gone off the front of the house. I tried to find them, but they blew away, I guess. The one section is probably 12-15 feet long! So, we have to had that repaired. We got lucky on another situation, though. We have a dormer window on the front of our house that is just a fake dormer. We cannot even access that window from the inside. When I was looking at the soffit damage, I realized that the lower part of that window was missing. It had fallen inside the dormer area. I was sure it was probably broken. But, Wayne climbed up on the roof and found the window inside the dormer still intact. So, he was able to get it back in place. I'm so glad that window wasn't broken!

Today, while Isaac is in school, I have to go for my pre-op testing for my surgery next week. I'm starting to get a little nervous about next week. It's just going to be such a hassle only having one hand to use for a while. However, I know this needs to be done. I've put it off until I thought my kids were self sufficient enough and I know the time has come.

Tomorrow we have a Halloween party to attend and then on Friday, all 3 kids have Halloween parties at school. They are all very excited for the upcoming weekend. We have a football game, tickets to a hockey game and then Trick or Treat. FUN!

0 comments: