Thursday, October 21, 2010

On the mend

Whatever is going on in my neck/back is a little better today. I've had 4 of the strong anti-inflammatory pills that the doctor prescribed and I think they are really helping. I spent a lot of the day today on the sofa with the heating pad, so I'm hopeful that by the weekend I'll be back to 100%.

We have a fun weekend planned around here. Tomorrow night Wayne and Connor are going to the panther game and Lindsey is going to Kids for Christ and then a sleepover at a friends house. Isaac and I will probably do something special too. Saturday we have a football game for Connor and then Lindsey and I are going out to dinner with my friend, Mary, and her daughter, Megan. We were also invited to a party at the house of some friends in our neighborhood, but I'm not sure if we'll make it to that or not. Sunday I teach in Upstreet (grades K-5) at church and that's it for the day.

I'm really enjoying teaching this month at church. I'm in the K/1 class and although I prefer the 2/3 class, this one is doing very well. This month, we have been talking about initiative and how when you see something that needs to be done, you should do it...not wait for someone else. Connor and Lindsey are learning about it in their class too and have been very helpful around the house lately, so they must be listening. I've stressed to my class, that we should live with JOY, which means...

J - Jesus First
O - Others Second
Y - Yourself Last

It's something we all struggle with, but my class is really getting it and I'm super proud of them.

0 comments: