Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Scheduled & Ouch!

I went to Orthopedic Surgeon today and scheduled the carpel tunnel release surgery for both my hands. I'm having the right hand done on Nov. 2 and the left one done on Dec. 28. This is going to be such a challenging time for me, but I know I will be so happy when it's done. No more nights with tingly, stiff, cold fingers that will barely bend at times. I'll be able to mow, clean, paint, etc without worrying about how much I'll pay for it at bedtime. It's hard to imagine sleeping through a night without wearing braces on my wrists/hands and not having my hands go numb. I just need to keep my focus on the bigger picture no matter how much this is going to stink and hurt!!

On another health note, I seem to have a nerve that is acting up in my neck. My neck itself does not hurt, but every time I move my neck, I get shooting, stabbing pains in my shoulder blade area and down my arm to about my elbow. YIKES! It hurts! The doctor called in 2 different prescriptions and said if it doesn't improve in the next few days to call back. I sure hope it gets better soon.

Soccer season is officially over in the Sinks house. Isaac scored 3 goals in his final game of the season and we were so proud of him. He finally seems to "get" the game. Lets hope he remembers how to play come spring. Connor still has 2 weeks left of football and we are all done with fall sports! I'm going to miss his games. I've really enjoyed watching his team play.

0 comments: