Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Eyeball Store

I have a funny story about Isaac. This morning, I was snuggling him in bed...like we do every morning...and he started talking about our eyeballs and what color they are. So we went through all our eye colors... Daddy and Lindsey have dark brown, Connor has golden brown, Mommy has greenish eyes. Isaac said "What color are my eyes?" I told him "You have beautiful blue eyes." Then, he says "I don't want beautiful blue eyes. Can we go to the eyeball store and get me new eyes?" I about died!!

I believe I have finally made a decision regarding Isaac's preschool. Wayne went with me this morning and saw Isaac's reaction to attending school, which started at 6:30 AM with an "I don't want to go to school" fit and continued clear through drop off. Wayne agreed that this type of behavior is extremely out of character for Isaac and it's not just separation anxiety. We've been through that already with him. He was so, so eager to go to school this year. He loved it last year, he loves the church nursery. So, obviously something about this particular class is setting him off. We planned to talk to the director today and found out she will be out all week. So, we decided to talk to his teacher who provided us with no insight into what is going on in the class. She is extremely difficult to talk to. She seems very nice, but is very quiet and shy acting. So, we are planning to pull him out. I'm hoping to talk to the director at his old school tomorrow and I'm crossing my fingers that they still have that one spot available that was there last week.

Wayne realized tonight that we have another house related crisis...the one every home owner fears.........the dreaded sump pump. Lucky for us, it's not stopped running....instead it is running NONSTOP! Wayne said that it will overheat soon, so he plans to spend the day tomorrow putting in a new one. This darn house......

2 comments:

Mary said...

It's a good thing have you seen tomorrow's forecast??

momandadcharlton said...

I would take one running all the time over the one that just stops... been there done that!