Sunday, May 16, 2010

That boy can ride!!

Isaac truly amazed me yesterday! I realize that he has always been a very coordinated little boy, but still...I was shocked.

He has been wanting his training wheels off his bike for weeks. I KNEW he wasn't ready for that yet, so I've been delaying doing it. I was just being lazy and didn't want to take them off only to put them back on again. Well, yesterday, I caved and took them off because he was really pestering me to do it. I figured if I just showed him that he needed them he would leave me alone about it.

I took them off, pulled his bike to the side yard and yelled over to the neighbor something like "Are you ready to see something funny? I just took off his training wheels and he's probably going to fall all over the place." I held up the bike, he got on, and we started with me right next to him to steady the bike. Within seconds, though, he said to let go and I did but I stayed right with him. I watched with amazement as he road down onto the driveway and out to the road and halfway down the cul-de-sac before I stopped him. I was in complete shock!! He could really, really do it. I got him started again and he went all the way up the road before falling. He rode for about 15 more minutes and did awesome.

Today, he is now a complete pro. He can get himself started, he can stop himself and put his feet down so he doesn't fall. It's like he has been doing it for months. He never ceases to amaze me at how physically coordinated he is. Here are some pictures and a video of him riding. He is so proud of himself.







You will hear him in the video saying "pig stop." He means "pit stop" but for some reason calls it a "pig stop" Weirdo!


0 comments: