Thursday, November 18, 2010

Basement Redo

I'm beginning to think I have ADD when it comes to furniture and decorating! But, what can I say...I love starting from scratch and redoing a room. I'm not the best at it, but I think I've come along way since my first house in Eureka with my apple kitchen and country quilt themed family room...LOL!!!! Yes, I sure have come a LONG way!


When we first started discussing what we wanted in the basement, we decided we wanted a sectional piece of furniture. We wanted most of it to recline, have a chaise on one side and somewhere on it would be a sleeper sofa. Last spring, I had one picked out at Laz-y-boy that I loved, but I was just having a hard time pulling the trigger on it with it's $4500 price tag. This is basically what it looked like, except the one I designed would seat 2-3 more people. Lets just say...it was a huge sectional!


In the end, I just didn't have a good feeling in my gut, so I decided not to purchase it and to put our basement plans on hold. Unfortunately, our current basement furniture didn't get the point. 2 legs fell of the sofa and the recliner Wayne sat in had all but lost the stuffing out of the back...so we knew we needed something. So, we decided to get a cheap, but decent looking, sectional and hope it gets us through a few years and then maybe we'll take the big plunge on a nicer piece. Although, you never know what a few years will bring.

Here are some picture of what we've done so far. At first, we had the furniture turned the way the old furniture was and it just didn't fit the room right. So, after bribing my husband with a new flat screen TV if he rewired his surround sound, he agreed to turn it all for me. Little did he know that I wanted one down there anyway.

So this is it... There is still much to be done. I need to paint that brown end table back, get more stuff on the walls, get more decor stuff and try to make it look a little more cozy. I'm not a huge fan of the color scheme, but Wayne's only imput was that he loves the dining room and wondered if I could do those same colors since the wall color was the same. So, I went with it. I think a brown & pale blue/aqua color would have probably looked better, but oh well... It's coming along.




0 comments: