Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Update & Prayer Request

We've had a pretty relaxed week around here so far. Sunday, Connor had his first basketball game of the season. As he said "We got creamed!" I was proud of Connor. He played excellent defense and even got a basket. Last year, he didn't get his first basket until the end of the season. He shot a few times that were really close, but didn't make it in. I'm just proud of him for trying. Last year, he was too nervous to even take a shot. Sunday evening, I went out to dinner with friends. It was nice to catch up and have some girl time.

I've been working this week on selling the kids clothes from last summer. It amazes me how many different sizes Lindsey went through last summer!! I have clothes ranging in sizes from 8-14! She is a pretty solid 12 these days, but there were a few items that I had in a 14 that she didn't like, so I'm getting rid of them. I sure hope that girl slows down soon. Maybe her body is just going to catch up to her feet...LOL!

I went to the mall yesterday because I was lucky enough to get a 40% off Gap code for their mystery discount sale. I had Isaac try on some shorts/pants from the kid boy section at the Gap. It made me sad. My baby is now in kid boy sizes!! Looks like he's going to be a challenge to get bottoms for. He seems to be between a slim and regular, so we had to try on each individual item and decide which fit was best. Most items he definitely needed the slims, but on some of the jeans, the slims were too tight. However, the regulars were ridiculously baggy! UGH! I do too much online shopping for these types of problems.

While I was at the mall, I headed into some new stores to see if Connor would fit into their sizes. I felt bad buying Connor the same Gap graphic t-shirts that I was buying his 4 year old brother, but they only have so many to choose from. So, I went to Hollister and Aeropostal. Guess what....they fit him! The shirts are just a tad long, but I think they will be just about perfect by summer. My kids are really growing up!!! It made me sad to buy him clothes from a store like that, but they looked pretty great on him.

There are two families I would like to ask all of you to keep in your prayers. They are the families of Mike Honan & Celine Estes. These two teens from Tremont, IL were killed in a traffic accident last weekend. Celine's dad works in Wayne's CAT plant and they spoke on a daily basis. Celine's older sister, Briana, was also involved in the accident and is still in critical condition. She has been undergoing numerous surgeries for her spine to help her be able to walk again in the future. Please keep Briana and the families of Celine and Mike in your prayers.

1 comments:

momandadcharlton said...

It is the hardest thing I have ever done to lose what was the closest to a child I ever want to see. These families will definitely be in my prayers.