Thursday, February 17, 2011

Loving the Weather!

Signs of spring have been here this week and I am LOVING it! Even if it can only be warm for a few days, I will take it! I've been spending time outside with the kids for the past 3 days and we are all happy for the fresh air and tolerable weather. Last night, the kids had a game of kickball going in the front yard.


This week the kids had their Presidential Wax Museum at school. Each student represented a different president and they had a *button* for us to push in which they would recite facts about them. It was such a neat presentation and a fun way for the kids to learn about all our past presidents. Connor and Lindsey were the Benjamin and William Henry Harrison, so they thought it was funny that Lindsey was Connor's grandfather.


I wish I could say Dinner time went better last night, but Lindsey was the culprit this time around. The boys both seemed to learn their lesson from Monday night and ate without complaining a bit. I even served peas...LOL! They only had a few each they had to try, but for Lindsey you would have thought it was the end of the world. She did eventually eat her entire dinner, but it wasn't without complaints at first. I do think they realize I am totally serious about these new dinner time rules. I am totally over them ruining dinner with complaining each night. I should have done this years ago, I know, but late is better than never!

This weekend is the Carnival at the kids school. I have to work the first hour and then we will be able to just play and have fun. The kids are all really excited to go. The carnival and basketball games are the only thing on the schedule this weekend, so I'm hoping to set aside some time for Wayne and I to clean out our closet. We both have clothes we haven't worn in years that need to go to Goodwill.

Next week is Lindsey's surgery. Tonight, she said she is starting to get nervous, which is to be expected. I just hope it all goes smoothly.

0 comments: