Thursday, August 26, 2010

Cleaning Day & Updates

I spent ALL day cleaning today. I was feeling motivated this morning, so that is usually when I decided to get some good deep cleaning done. The inside is finished and tomorrow I'm hoping to work more on the outside. I borrowed a power washer, so I'm hoping to wash down our siding and then clean the rest of the outside windows that I didn't get to today.

Connor and Lindsey seem to really enjoy 4th grade so far. Each day they have come home happy and excited to go back the next day. I decided to wake them using alarm clocks this year instead of getting them up myself. Well...Connor is usually up before 6:30, so it's not a big deal for him. However, Lindsey is usually still dead to the world at that time and she isn't exactly a morning person. So, I figured she can't yell or growl at the alarm clock. Well, actually she can...but it won't care or get angry with her!! LOL!! It's gone great and they are doing a great job of waking up and getting ready quickly. I think starting next week, I will start moving the alarms back 5 minutes each day to see just how late I can let them sleep and still make it to the bus on time. I think they could probably go another 10 minutes and be okay.

Connor has been doing good with football this week. He's been a little timid about hitting the other kids, but Wayne said he gets a little more aggressive each day. He was sore this morning from taking a few hard hits last night, but he seemed good by tonight. The coach released his initial position listing and has Connor down for Running Back and Linebacker/Defensive Back. I had thought he would be a Wide Receiver, but Wayne said they don't plan to really have many pass plays, so they put kids at Receiver who aren't that talented.

0 comments: